- remember/memorialize it
- or choose to leave it alone. It's in the past, its been dealt with, and its time for the next chapter.
If you'd like to memorialize the day or give yourself something to look forward to, here are a variety of things that might be meaningful for you:
- Visit the cemetary and leave a message of candy conversation hearts to melt into the snow
- Tie a home-made Valentine to a helium balloon and let it fly away to heaven
- Collect old Valentines and love letters and put them together in a decorative memory box keepsake.
- Create a collage of photos and frame it to hang on a wall or stand on your dresser.
- Buy a package or two of school Valentine cards. Send them to your own children, nieces & nephews or other family members. Write a little love note on them.
- Or send Valentines to various groups--nursing homes, children's hospital wards, missionary kids you pray for, your childrens' ministry leaders, your Bible study group or group leaders . . .
- Offer to babysit for a married couple so they can enjoy a romantic evening out. Prepare a lot of fun things to do with the kids so you don't end up bored and feeling sorry for yourself.
- Invite other widows over for tea or coffee and snacks, or a carry-in lunch or supper. Give them an opportunity to share their stories and send them home with a love verse from the Bible.
- Plan something nice for yourself: learn something new! Sign up for Zumba lessons or Jazzercise. Take piano or guitar lessons (or take that first step and visit your local music store and ask about them); then rent a flute, violin or whatever and practice to audition for the local orchestra! Ask about singing with your church group or community choir. Volunteer at a food pantry or ask about a part-time job at something that interests you. Take a course at a community college. . .
--hey, I'm getting carried away here, but you get the idea. Plan some
and show yourselfsome love and kindness.I'd love to hear your ideas for the day this year and also what you've done in the past. Other widows love reading your comments and find them a big help.
P.S. Have you ordered your copy of Postcards from the Widows' Path yet for yourself or a friend? Now's the time to buybecause the sale ends next week! Save 20%! Click here to order. Thanks!