1. Ferree ryhmes with Marie. It was one of my great-grandma's maiden names.
2. Family: 2 girls, 2 boys, now in their 20's and 30's. My second husband Tom and I, both widowed in 2000, met on-line and got married in 2002.
3. Do I work? Yes! I'm librarian at a Christian school. And this blog takes up the rest of my time.
4. Education: Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, B.A. in Communications. I met my first husband, Bruce Bowman, there too. We married in 1978 and served in three different churches in Ohio over the next 20+ years. After Bruce died I started grad school at Kent State in 2001, but then Tom Hardy came along. I quit the schooling but never the learning.
5. Doctrinal statement in a nutshell: John 14:6--"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
6. Pets: two cats, Elmer and Fudd. They're a pair of grumpy old things.
7. One dismal regret: getting a cell phone. I'm so NOT a fan. Although it is nice for travelling if the battery isn't dead.
8. Two proud accomplishments:
- 1) I wear my own holes in my jeans.
- 2) See picture below.
10. Why have I been doing this since 2010? There are several reasons:
- I wish I'd found a site like this when I was first widowed.
- This is waaaay more interesting than housecleaning or exercising.
- But mostly, I'm so grateful that the Lord saw me through. Now I desire to help widows get through this too.
If I ever come to mind, please pray for me, OK? The Lord loves to hear from you, and I need all the prayer I can get! God bless you, ♥ ferree
From left to right (since we're up so high
you can't tell): my niece Kendal, trying to do a
somersault or something, then Tom, then me.
I'm yelling to the boat driver, "Higher! Higher!"