But if you are a widow who's in need of some good hope and direction so you can begin rebuilding your life, some NYRs can be great building blocks. Here are the top __7__ resolutions I'd suggest.
1. January 1st: Go to church. (I hear those groans!) Also go on January 8, 15, 22, and 29 and the rest of the year. I know many of you will say its too painful, but so is medicine or physical therapy, and that's what church attendance will do for you--it helps you heal. We are not lone rangers, we need God's Word and God's people. Make sure you go to a Bible believing and Bible teaching church. Visit around if you must. Allow yourself time and several visits to choose. Going to church will show that you are not merely listening about the Christian life, but that you are actually doing it. (James 1:22 and Hebrews 10:25) God will bless you for it and I don't want you to miss out!
2. Daily Bible reading and prayer. Use a Bible reading plan as a guide, but be gentle with yourself. If you are still dealing with the fog of "widow brain," don't try to read through the whole Bible in a year. Rather, use a year-long book like "Daily Light," or better yet, watch for the plan I'll post here each month. My Bible reading plan will get you through the New Testament, selected Psalms, Proverbs and the Book of Ruth reading just one or two chapters each day. Most importantly: if you miss a day (or many days---it's OK, we've all been there) don't give up, and do NOT try to catch up. Just look at what day it is on the calendar and pick up with the reading on that day. For more ideas use the search box in the sidebar column of this blog to search other sites, like the daily emails from GriefShare. (view online if you're reading this on your phone or email).
3. Sign up to receive this blog by email. That way you'll never miss a post! See the right side column on this site? Go about halfway down to the box where it says
WidowsChristianPlace delivered straight to your Inbox! Just enter your email address in this box.I only publish once or twice a week so your inbox won't be flooded. I never share your email with anyone (I'm very protective!), and if you want to unsubscribe you simply click the unsubscribe button. Easy peasy but always encouraging and informative. Take a look at the Remarks tab above to see what other widows are saying about the WCP.
4. Attend my Bible study for widows in the Florence, SC area. "Rebuilding After Loss" is a 6-week series beginning Friday, Jan. 20 at 10:30 a.m. at Florence Baptist Temple, 2308 S. Irby St., Florence, SC. Contact Kent Kendall at firstname.lastname@example.org or me at WCplace@gmail.com to hold your place.
5. Attend A Widow's Journey retreat March 3 - 5, 2017. If you haven't registered already click here for more information. This will be a fantastic time to connect with other widows, learn from them, pray with them and gather strength for the journey. Yesterday a widow from California let me know she just registered and hopes to meet! I will check and see if I can get some days off work. How about you?
6. Meet me at a ladies luncheon, on Monday, March 13 at the George Theis Assembly Center, Word of Life Campus, in Hudson, FL. I'll be speaking! Cost of lunch is $10.00. Reservations required. Please email me at WCplace@gmail.com for contact info.
7. Join a local Christian widows group or start your own by getting a small group together to go through "Postcards from the Widows' Path." Request the free discussion guide with your order and be sure to use the Buy Now button with the discount price of $11.99 in my Bookstore. Not ready for a group yet? "Postcards..." is like a good friend and walking partner. You go ahead and order your individual copy at the discount price too. If you want to pay by check please send $15.98 (includes shipping) to Ferree Hardy, PO Box 5024, Florence, SC 29502
I hope you can choose at least one of these resolutions to follow through with this year. Each one is a step forward that scores of widows have found truly helpful. God will not leave you desolate! He has many good things ahead for your life as you step out to follow Him on this widows path. ♥ ferree