Holiday happenings got you down? I know its hard, but these steps can make your day a little easier...
1. First, put on your winter coat, scarf, hat, mittens, boots . . . whatever will keep you comfortable for 10 minutes outside. Let's start our clock with 2 minutes to find all your stuff, 1 minute to put it on. We're starting now! Hurry!
2. Ready? Good! Take a deep breath in through your nose, and blow it out slowly through your mouth. Let your shoulders and neck relax. (15 seconds) Feels good, doesn't it? Go ahead and do it 3 more times for a total of 1 minute.
3. Now you can sit down to listen to this sample video of the really pretty Christmas carol, "Still, Still, Still." Settle in and get ready to listen. (30 seconds) (As always, if this post arrives in your email inbox and the video doesn't show up simply click on the title line at the top of this page to get to my blog itself so you can view it).
4. OK, play the music. Focus, listen, relax. Repeat step 2 if you'd like. (One minute, 30 seconds).
5. Now go outside. Walk around and listen to the snow crunch under your feet for 10 minutes. Every time you see something beautiful like the sunshine sparkling, a snowflake, a child... or if you hear a bird song, a human voice, an airplane full of people just like you... when you feel a snappy breeze, smell a woodburning fireplace, or touch your soft, cool face... tell the Lord how thankful you are for that sensation. Live each moment...
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God... Psalm 46:10 (NIV)
There. 16 minutes. Feel better? May this be the start of a restful, rejuvenating weekend for you. ♥